All About Integrating Eternity

Hello and welcome! I am so grateful you are here.


My name is Kaitlyn Goecke, and I am a Catholic stay-at-home mom who formerly worked in education. I created Integrating Eternity to provide Catholic homeschooling moms with engaging educational activities, practical homeschooling tips, and helpful tools that encourage children to grow in both their faith and their love of learning.

My Purpose for This Blog


While I absolutely love being a SAHM, I do miss the opportunity to catechize young minds through teaching. Coming up with fun lessons for your children can be extremely time-consuming, and the expectations of what your child should master at each grade level can be intimidating.


I created this blog to encourage and equip moms who are homeschooling their little ones. I believe in your ability to teach your children and want to see you succeed in your homeschooling journey. My goal is to help take some of the stress of planning lessons off your plate so you can focus on what matters most: loving your family unit and raising your children for sainthood. 


My Personal Life & Educational Experience


Undergraduate Degree 



In 2024, I graduated from Wright State University with a degree in middle childhood education, with a content-area focus in English and History. During my time at Wright State, I had the opportunity to work in various classrooms through my field experience and to collaborate with highly experienced educators. For my student teaching placement, I taught sixth-grade Language Arts and eighth-grade Social Studies. One of my favorite parts of that year was developing projects for gifted 6th graders to help them grow and stay challenged in the classroom. 

    Alongside my studies, I competed on the Cross Country and Track teams at Wright State. My athletic journey took a detour when I suffered a severe stress injury in the spring of 2022 that required surgery, forcing me to redshirt for a full year. I completed my degree in the spring of 2024, and I initially decided not to use the remainder of my NCAA eligibility. I personally felt God pulling me in a different direction: My vocation.

The Journey to My Vocation as a Wife and Mother 


After graduation, I was initially looking for a job teaching middle school, since that was what I had been studying. God had other plans for me, though, and the Catholic school connected to the parish I attended was looking for a first-grade teacher. Although it was quite the adjustment going from middle schoolers to elementary students, I loved every second of it. I found it very fulfilling to see my students every Sunday at Mass, watching them grow in their faith week by week.


That summer before beginning teaching, I married my husband, Tyler. We had met in college, and he played a huge role in my conversion to Catholicism. In the summer of 2025, after finishing my first year of teaching, God blessed us with something that changed our lives forever: a beautiful baby girl. My husband and I decided early on in my pregnancy that it would be best if I stayed at home with our daughter full time instead of returning to teaching the next school year. 



My Experience as a Grad Student and New Mom

In the fall of 2026, I decided to begin taking classes to get my master's degree in literacy. These classes were online at Wright State, so I was able to work on them at my own pace. Something about returning to the school made me feel regret that I never finished out my eligibility for track, and I thought my time to use it had already passed… Until I discovered that the time period to use your eligibility could be extended for maternity purposes. So at 3 months postpartum, I was cleared, and I began racing again for the university. 


Balancing running, graduate coursework, and being a new mom was difficult and much harder than I anticipated. That year, I grew so much spiritually, leaning on God’s guidance and the intercession of our Blessed Mother. In a secular world that seems to have lost sight of the preciousness of life, I felt that my success in the sport that year was a true testimony that children are a gift from God who bring immense joy. 


God’s Perfect Timing


My journey through education and my vocation has been a true testimony to God’s perfect timing. There have been so many times when I have questioned God’s timing. Seeing His work and where I am today reminds me that everything He has done in my life is for a reason that is beyond my understanding. He always has a plan for us that is greater than we could even imagine. His plan will always follow the path to Eternity. 






Disclaimer: The educational content and resources shared on this blog are for informational and educational purposes only. They are not intended to supplement your existing homeschool curriculum but rather complement it. Activities should be adapted by parents to meet your child's specific individual learning needs. While every effort is made to provide accurate and helpful information, I cannot guarantee that all materials will be free from errors or suitable for every learner. Parents and guardians are responsible for determining what best meets the educational needs of their children.




Comments

Popular Posts

Got questions on Catholic education? Ask below and look for answers in an upcoming article!

Name

Email *

Message *